After 4 days of non-stop work, we had an evening to throw our feet up. "OHHH YEEAAAA"
We went to an open air "restaurant". Each table had its own little hibachi on it and they brought...wait for it...vegetables, some bread, margarine, water, slices of meat (notice I didn't say beef), whole squids, fresh shrimp (legs, eyes and antennae), more meat, and various "fiery death sauces", and a few pitchers of Ankgor beer. No rice for Pawv?!?, we are not sure she will survive. Let the relaxation begin.
We are all starving, so we "throw a few shrimp on the Barbi" and I grab the chop sticks and we start cooking like there is no tomorrow. All three grills are filled to the brim with various meats, vegetables and seafood. Everything is delicious and half the food is gone almost instantly. "save Jay the tentacles"
So who would come by the table, but a snake-on-a-stick saleswomen, cooked of course...and Ree-ann says "you want snake", everyone at the table says no...I say YES! Picture taking ensues and once I figured out how exactly to eat a red snake-on-a-stick, I dug in.
Kinda like eating chicken wings with a lot less meat...and the eggs (you can't buy snake-on-a-stick without the eggs, duh!) are a little like chic peas. I immediately offer eggs and snake to Spence and Jay..."eat this".
"take vengeance upon them, eat one of their kind"
As we eat up the food, we are brought more plates to refill our stores of bread and exotic meats. That calls for a toast. "OOOOOHHHH YYYEEAAAAAA"
Having cooked and eaten everything, we pay our $5.00 each, give a little food and some dollars to a few children wondering around the tables, and we load into our Tuk Tuk and off we go.
It was a phenomenally good time. "TRUE"
A night much needed and well earned. "cheers to us all being different"
:)
(and +2 points for everyone resiting the urge to buy from the table side porn video salesmen)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment