Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Killing Fields

The place where the people were brought to be executed after they had been "interrogated" at the converted High School I wrote about earlier... "all of you into the truck, its ok, no more hitting, you are going back to go work in the field". The killing fields.

Service to your country?!? Children, teenagers, taught how to kill in cold, horrific, violent, blood...they were taught a "new" method of killing so gruesome that words can not capture the act. They were made to kill not only their countrymen but their parents, family and neighbors...trained to be completely obedient to any command. As I started reading and even now as I type this, tears come to my eyes...how can you teach a child to kill.

Their lives will never be the same. I say out laud "how can you teach a child to kill"? It is a death of innocence that will scream through many generations, echoing through the hearts of the people, saddening them, depressing the spirits of sons and daughters. "how can you teach a child to kill", I say again. Taking an iron axle to the base of someones head, as they kneel blindfolded, and then cut the throat of there motionless body, or just cover them in chemicals (to mask the smell and bury them alive.

I drifted off away from the group, wanting time alone, I walk a long trail around the back of the compound...returning to the center to pay my respects to the 4 stories of piled skulls encased in glass and housed in a temple like tower...

No comments: