Sunday, January 18, 2009
Relaxation without rejuvenation...
So we are leaving our seaside guesthouse and heading back to Phenom Phen (4hrs) and then north to Siem Reap (6hrs). It was a good two days. Yesterday we went SCUBA diving (2 dives) around the coral reef. Today I just found exactly an hour to get a full body massage, you just lay down on the beach...I am beyond relaxed right now, at one point I had 2 ladies working on me. I think they usually charge $4 for the hour but they are friends of ours so I gave them $15. At one point another woman came over and started sanding down the calluses on my feet. I can see just sitting there for half a day or so, especially after SCUBA but there is no time, so I am thankful for my hour. Now we are off to the real world, and honestly it is draining to be around such poverty, suffering and pain. To eat at a family restaurant and see that their beds are an elevated set of planks covered with a woven mat in front of the bar... or a fancy hotel that has shacks with barely a tarp for a roof as a multi family home just a few meters away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment